A financial dashboard serves a similar purpose to the dashboard in your vehicle. It monitors the many moving parts in your business that impact your performance and it summarizes the data in one place.
While your car’s dashboard tells you how fast you’re going, how much fuel you have in your tank, and whether you need to check the engine, your financial dashboard shows you your company’s performance at a glance while alerting you to areas that need attention.
By helping you see where you’re succeeding and where you can improve, your dashboard can help you make informed decisions that will enhance your company’s financial health.
Here are some signs your company might benefit from a financial dashboard:
- You feel like your business has room for improvement, but you’re not sure what you should be doing differently.
- You’re not currently tracking data.
- You have data available, but it’s not in a user-friendly format or you’re not sure what to do with the information.
- You’ve tried numerous initiatives but they haven’t given you the results you’re looking for.
- You want to stay ahead of your competitors.
Trends to look for on your financial dashboard
Your financial dashboard will be set up to reflect what your goals are and what metrics are most important to you.
Below are some examples of the types of data you may want to monitor. It’s usually most effective to focus on a few key figures and concentrate on making progress in those areas.
- Cost of goods sold or gross profit
- Expenses and costs
- Sales by product
- Sales by employee
- Sales by customer
- Number of customers
- Number of new customers
- Number of leads
- % of leads closed
- Billable hours per month
- Number of days to close a prospect
- Quick ratio, or how well your company can meet its short-term financial liabilities
- Cash on hand
- Accounts receivable
- Average sale ($)
- Profitability per client
With a financial dashboard tailored to your goals, you’re well on your way to achieving your next milestone. If you’d like assistance setting up your financial dashboard, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 604-534-7701 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.